I love love love butterflies! An I love love love Martha Stewart’s Doily Lace Edge Punch. And I love love love notecards, bookmarks and the like! So here’s a not so throwback throwback post on how to create one.
Well, technically it’s still a throwback post since I will be re-using instructions and photos from my previous blog, but not so throwback since I will be adding in some new points; though just a few.
So with tummy aching, eyebrows curling and forehead scrunching, I present to you, simple instructions on how to make your own cute notecards. (Haha. What an introduction! But yep, I am in the middle of terrible tummy aches but I do not want to let this mood to post something pass… I am trying my best to stick to my blogging-posting-commitment here. Hihihi.)
- Shape Punchers (e.g. Scalloped Circle, Butterfly)
- Martha Stewart Edge Punch (e.g. Lattice, Doily Lace)
- Cardstock or Special Board/Paper
- Adhesive, Glue Gun+Stick
- Fabric Tape, Scrapbook Paper and other designs.
- Cutter or scissors
- Cut out sheets of cardstock according to desired card size, doubled in height since this will be folded in half. In the photos below, I used 5×8 so the folded size would be 5×4.
- Fold in half.
- Use the Martha Steward Edge Punch of your choice to decorate the bottom part of your card’s front flap. You can either punch off the whole edge or just a portion to create a window effect.
- Decorate the inside of your card with fabric tape or colored paper such that it shows through the decorated edge of your card at front.
- Cut/Punch out embellishments such as butterflies and adhere to your card’s front for added decoration.
And there you have it! Your very own cutie cutie notecards!